Himalayan SALT Décor™
SALT Chamber is an innovator in the salt décor design process. We started using Himalayan salt, not only for its unique beneficial qualities but for its amazing natural colors, hues, and creative applications as well.
Soon, salt rooms were being designed and built using natural Himalayan salt décor materials, creating soothing and relaxing environments.
As salt therapy began emerging as a growing trend amongst spas and wellness centers, applications for our Himalayan salt décor began to expand. Now, it’s common to see Himalayan salt décor wall treatments and flooring in a variety of environments and spaces.
As part of their SALT-ED (salt therapy education) series, the Salt Therapy Association published: What All Types of Spas, Wellness Facilities, and Salt Therapy Providers Need to Know About Misconceptions Regarding Himalayan Salt. We feel this research is very important for all salt therapy enthusiasts to read and understand.
General Contractors, Architects, Designers, and Consultants
The SALT Chamber design and installation team have worked on over 1,400 salt therapy room projects across North America and around the world. Ask us about our shop drawings and full installation kit, and watch our webinar on Himalayan Salt Décor, Products & Spa Equipment.
Custom Himalayan Salt Panels
- SALT Chamber has developed and perfected a proprietary method for manufacturing pre-fabricated Himalayan Salt Rock Panels to be used in any salt decor project.
- Our standard size panels are 22″ x 22″ (almost 4 sq. ft.) and are hand-crafted and molded from pure Himalayan salt-they’re durable, safe, and healthy.
- Due to the nature of the natural earth elements, the size, shape, and color used in our salt panels can vary.
- You can breathe easily because our Himalayan salt wall décor contains no VOCs, no toxic materials, and no smells.
- They are both sturdy and can be easily cut and shaped to fit any installation.
- They come in a variety of Himalayan rock sizes and colors.
- We can even design custom shapes, logos, and other sizes.
- They can be easily mounted directly onto walls with simple screws and can be installed with our special installation kit for backlighting, creating more dramatic effects.
- There are multiple ways to use our Himalayan salt wall panels, such as creating continuous, uninterrupted sculptural walls and unique patterns and designs.
- And, best of all, they can unscrew to move, rearrange, or take with you.
“Now salt rooms can be built in hours not days, without any hassle, at a fraction of the cost with more benefits!”
Himalayan Salt Bricks and Tiles
Our Himalayan Salt Bricks and Tiles are not your typical salt bricks.
We have learned from our own experience and installation projects that not all bricks are the same. Our bricks go through stringent quality production procedures, both from the mines in Pakistan and here at our production facility. That ensures architectural standards are met for structure, compliance, consistency of product, and color variations.
These quality control measures mean that,when you are on the job installing the brick system, there is little to no extra work involved with cutting, trimming, and sizing the bricks.
- There are a variety of sizes, ranging from 4″ x 4″ bricks to as large as 10″ x 16″ and everything in between.
- The Himalayan salt bricks are available in pink/amber color variations, as well as the rare Himalayan white.
- They come in smooth as well as rough-cut finishes.
- These bricks can withstand heat and can be used as a feature in dry salt saunas. Humidity and moisture are not salt-brick friendly, however, so are not used in these environmental settings.
We have proprietary design methods for installing these bricks that eliminate the need for mortar or permanent construction. We also have developed systems to eliminate shadowing effects and hot spots from backlighting.
While most designs are for full-wall coverage of bricks, these installations cannot be prefabricated. On-site leveling and settling of the materials need to occur at the location. SALT Chamber does have some brick wall kits and frames for smaller sections of walls.
These bricks can also be used as salt décor flooring, similar to pavers, and are installed using loose Himalayan fine grain salt as elements of the floor design. Some installations can also be backlit.
“We custom design salt room environments that are ready to install in a simple, easy method.”
Himalayan Salt Rocks, Boulders And Caves
” We contacted SALT Chamber, who assisted us with opening the first fully-appointed Salt Room in private clubs in the Country. We have not only experienced very high satisfaction from our membership, but the addition of Salt Therapy has provided a new revenue source and excitement for our Spa.”
Pamela R. Caldwell
The Club at Admirals Cove
Director of Spa, Salon & Fitness
Custom Himalayan Salt Panels
See examples of our custom Himalayan salt décor. Get in touch with us to learn more about our customization options.
Himalayan Salt Mines
The Himalayan salt mines have vast chambers filled with naturally occurring salt rocks and boulders in various sizes, shapes, and configurations. While these are often cultivated to make the ever-popular Himalayan Salt Lamps.
These unfinished “raw” salt rocks can be used as great accent pieces. They’re equally effective in commercial spaces and as Himalayan salt home décor.
Similar to using other natural elements in rock wall masonry, these Himalayan salt rocks can be used to create unique spaces that resemble caves, grottos, and other distinctive designs.
Why Himalayan Salt?
Many salt rooms use non-organic resin and adhesives with hand-thrown applied sea salt creating a cave-like environment. Typically, this salt has very little, if any, therapeutic benefit other than aesthetics. Alternatively, we use Himalayan Salt to create therapeutic environments.
Benefits of Himalayan Salt Décor
Using Himalayan Salt Décor items such as floor salt, bricks, panels, boulders, and rocks offers a unique aesthetic. These items can help you to design a salt room or salt cave that looks similar to the original salt mines and caves of Eastern Europe.
Simply send us your specs and we will custom design a Himalayan salt décor project that is ready to install in a simple and easy method.
*Complete installation kits are available including detailed shop drawings and installation instructions and materials.
Given the nature of the Himalayan salt materials, we custom manufacture our panels in batches to order for specific projects. Because this Himalayan salt décor is crafted based on individual requests, accurate dimensions and ordering are important. We need this information to ensure the project materials are consistent and will all look the same, since there are slight variations in certain size grains, chunks and rocks.